Purdue University - Department of Computer Science - Application Steps

Application Steps

Thank you for your interest in the Computer Science Graduate Program at the Purdue University West Lafayette Campus. We are looking forward to assisting you with your application.

Online Application Form

Cost of Attendance



Application Steps

  1. Make sure you meet our Admission Requirements

  2. Prepare your documents:

  3. Complete the Electronic Graduate School Application

    • Note: In "Program Details" you will see a drop down bar for Information Security for Computing Professionals. If you are applying to our regular MS program, leave this area blank. ISCP is a one year professional master’s program that is separate from our traditional MS program.
    • Choose Research Areas in the Computer Science Questionnaire
    • If applicable, enter your TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic scores into the online application before submitting it
  4. Submit your electronic graduate school application after at least two of your recommenders submitted their letters before the deadline.

  5. Pay the Application Fee


GRE scores are not required for admission and do not need to be submitted. U.S. citizens and permanent residents who want to apply for an NSF Fellowship in their first year of graduate studies are recommended to take the GRE.

No documents should be mailed unless a specific request has been received.

Omission of requested information or falsification in the application forms or supporting documents or any determination by a competent authority of academic or other dishonesty will be grounds for denial of admission, revocation of admission, or expulsion from the University.


Contact Usgrad-info@cs.purdue.edu or 1 (765) 494-6004

Last Updated: Apr 18, 2018 1:36 PM

Department of Computer Science, 305 N. University Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907

Phone:(765) 494-6010 • Fax: (765) 494-0739

Copyright © 2016 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact the College of Science.