- Graduate Admissions
- Application Steps and Process
- Useful Links
- GoBoiler Internship
- Doctoral Program
- Master's Program
- Professional Master’s in Information and Cybersecurity
- Computational Science & Engineering
- Statistics-Computer Science Joint Masters
- Computational Life Sciences
- Financial Support
- Financial Support
- Oral English Proficiency
- GTA Information
- RA Expectations
- Requesting Time Off
- Payroll Information
- Contact Information
- GTA Award Winners
Requesting Time Off
Graduate student staff are eligible to request time off for various reasons.
Students may seek internships during their time at Purdue. Outside employment should not overlap with graduate assistantship dates.
Domestic students holding an assistantship position, who will leave for an internship, will need to let the Business Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, know so that the assistantship position can be paused while the student is away.
Leave for illness:
- All benefits-eligible graduate student staff are eligible for 10 working days of paid sick leave for employee/family illness within a 12-month period.
- All benefits-eligible graduate student staff are eligible for 3 working days of paid leave per fiscal year for illness of immediate family.
- Parental Leave: As outlined in the policy on Paid Parental Leave (VI.E.3), as amended or superseded.
- Bereavement: 1-5 working days of paid bereavement leave for the death of an Immediate Family member. The number of days and period of time in which they must be used are based on the relation to the staff member as outlined in the Graduate Staff Employment Manual.
- Jury/witness duty: Paid leave at the Graduate Student Staff member’s regular salary for each workday missed as a result of serving as a juror or summoned witness in any federal, state or county court or a federal or state administrative agency. Voluntary service to the court or service as an expert witness does not entitle the individual to this benefit.
- Military and worker’s compensation: As outlined in the policy onLeaves of Absence (VI.E.2), as amended or superseded.
- Research in Absentia follows a different process. (link)
How to submit a Leave Request:
All leave requests must be made through SuccessFactors. Employees access SuccessFactors by selecting the Employee Launchpad on OneCampus. Sick leave balances will be displayed. At the time of submitting the request, a sufficient balance (of the leave type chosen) must be available to cover the request. Use this Quick Reference Guide for instructions on submitting time off request in SuccessFactors.