Graduate Program Information
Welcome to the CS Graduate Program at Purdue Univerity - Main Campus!
|CS Grad Brochure (pdf)
|CS Grad Program Overview (pdf)||
Application Steps to the PhD and MS programs
Application Steps to the Information Security for Computing Professionals (ISCP) program
The doctoral program prepares students for research and teaching at the university level. Regular courses are complemented with seminar courses, which allow students to investigate areas on the cutting edge of research. Multidisciplinary activities that strengthen the impact of computation in other disciplines play an essential role. We offer concentrations in Computational Science and Engineering (CS&E) and Computational Life Sciences (CLS).
- The Information Security for Computing Professionals (ISCP) program is designed for IT professionals in industry or government who want to advance in technical security and privacy positions. It leads to a MS in CS with a concentration in information security.
- The online MS in CS provides working professionals an opportunity to earn a non-thesis MS in CS via distance learning.
- The on-campus MS in CS prepares students for a wide variety of careers. Most of our graduates find employment with our Corporate Partners (CP).
GoBoiler International Internship Program
This internship program targets domestic and international undergraduate students with specialization in computing. Students who are interested in research and curious about graduate studies at Purdue will benefit most from this opportunity. For more information go hereResearch Areas
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Computational Science and Engineering
- Data Mining
- Distributed Systems
- Graphics and Visualization
- Information Retrieval
- Information Security and Assurance
- Machine Learning
- Networking and Operating Systems
- Programming Languages and Compilers
- Software Engineering
- Theory of Computing and Algorithms
The department and its research groups are committed to providing state-of-the-art computing facilities for research and instructional use.
The facilities' staff provides top quality support for students, faculty and staff. Direct access to the university's research facilities is available through Information Technology at Purdue (ITaP).
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org