- Graduate Admissions
- Application Steps and Process
- Useful Links
- GoBoiler Internship
- Doctoral Program
- Master's Program
- Professional Master’s in Information and Cybersecurity
- Computational Science & Engineering
- Statistics-Computer Science Joint Masters
- Computational Life Sciences
- Financial Support
- Finding Support
- Oral English Proficiency
- TA Expectations
- RA Expectations
- Requesting Time Off
- Payroll Information
- Contact Information
- GTA Award Winners
Why choose Purdue?
Hoda Eldardiry (PhD '12) talks about her work on predictive analytics, using machine learning and data mining at Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) and why she encourages people to pursue a PhD in computer science.
At Purdue, you'll gain access to top-quality faculty. We’ve hired 36 new faculty members from 2016 to 2021, with plans to hire even more going forward. These energetic new faculty members are looking for grad students to advise and mentor as they carry out research projects. View our Ph.D. recipients.
Our broad department covers a wide range of areas in computer science. Our faculty members are experts in many different areas, and you’re sure to find a faculty member whose research interests match yours. Research area includes:
- Bioinformatics and computational biology
- Computational science and engineering
- Distributed systems
- Databases and data mining
- Graphics and visualization
- Information security and assurance
- Machine learning and information retrieval
- Networking and operating systems
- Software engineering
- Programming languages and compilers
- Theory of computing and algorithms
The opportunity for graduate funding at Purdue is very high.
We provide four years of financial support to most incoming doctoral students. Your advisor may have funding for research assistants. Or, if you’re seeking a chance to teach and work with students, look no further. Our needs for teaching assistants have doubled in the past few years. We hire more than 100 teaching assistants each year.