- Graduate Admissions
- Application Steps and Process
- Useful Links
- GoBoiler Internship
- Doctoral Program
- Master's Program
- Professional Master’s in Information and Cybersecurity
- Computational Science & Engineering
- Statistics-Computer Science Joint Masters
- Computational Life Sciences
- Financial Support
- Finding Support
- Oral English Proficiency
- TA Expectations
- RA Expectations
- Requesting Time Off
- Payroll Information
- Contact Information
- GTA Award Winners
Qualifying Examination Part 2 Procedure
- Submit a request (via the my.CS portal) during the first five (5) weeks of the semester to the graduate study committee:
- Select your research area
- Enter a brief description of your research
- Suggest 5 possible committee members
Note that the appointed examining committee may differ from your suggestions since the graduate study committee must balance load among faculty members.
You will receive an email with the names of your examining committee members, which will also be listed in my.CS.
Schedule the examination with the confirmed examining committee. Discuss with the convener and examining committee members the content, format, and duration of the exam. Provide them with copies of your two CS 69900 research reports and evaluations.
Reserve a room here: https://roomschedule.mypurdue.purdue.edu/ under "ADD EVENT"
Enter the scheduling information into my.CS. Inform your examining committee members and your advisor.
- The day before the exam:
- Pick up the Qual 2 Exam Form from the Graduate Office, and take it with you to the room where the exam will be held
- Send a reminder about the exam to all examining committee members