- Graduate Admissions
- Application Steps and Process
- Useful Links
- GoBoiler Internship
- Doctoral Program
- Master's Program
- Professional Master’s in Information and Cybersecurity
- Computational Science & Engineering
- Statistics-Computer Science Joint Masters
- Computational Life Sciences
- Financial Support
- Finding Support
- Oral English Proficiency
- TA Expectations
- RA Expectations
- Requesting Time Off
- Payroll Information
- Contact Information
- GTA Award Winners
Procedure for Students Arranging a PhD Final Examination
- Check deadlines on the Graduate School Deadline Calendar
- Discuss with your advisor(s) the name of a faculty member representing an area outside that of the thesis, who will join with your advisory committee to form the examining committee. Ask that person whether they are able to serve on your committee and to email the Graduate Secretary confirming that they will serve.
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: "Final Exam Committee". Your message should include:
- Your full name
- Your advisor’s name
- The members of your advisory committee
- The name and email address of a faculty member representing an area outside that of the thesis, who will join with your advisory committee to form the examining committee. Provide email documentation that this person has agreed to serve as your outside committee member.
- A paragraph describing your research
- The Graduate Secretary will process your final exam committee request and obtain approval from the Chair of the CS Graduate Committee and others as needed. When your exam committee has been formed and approved, you will be notified via email that you may proceed with scheduling the exam.
- Schedule the examination with the examining committee.
- Reserve a room by going to Add Events here: https://roomschedule.mypurdue.purdue.edu/
- Go to MyPurdue to complete Form 8 (for instructions go here)
Your Form 8 request must be received by the Graduate School at least 3 weeks prior to the requested exam date.
Schedule thesis reviews - don't wait - appointments are difficult to get last minute!
- Look at the Purdue thesis templates and make any changes needed.
- Schedule a formatting consultation appointment with the Graduate School.
- Initiate the electronic Thesis/Dissertation Acceptance Form - instructions are here.
- Thesis Deposit Checklist
- Stop by the CS Graduate Office to confirm that your exam will take place.
- The committee should complete the electronic Form 11 (Report of Exam Results) online. It will be visible to and must be signed by the Committee Chair first, and then will be available to the remainder of the examining committee. The supplementary exam form has been integrated into the Form 11 and is no longer needed on paper.
Useful info for thesis writing
Thesis Formatting and Templates
Last Updated: Jan 14, 2022 11:26 AM