- student computer requirements
- Campus Map
- FTP Server
- Help Pages
- Lawson Building
- Felix Haas Hall
- Computer Science Facilities
- General Overview
- Conference Rooms
- Instructional Labs
- Remote access to CS Facilities
- Keys, Desks and Mailboxes
- Emergency Support
- ITAP Facilities
- Oracle Access
- CS Devices Lab
- Building Emergency Plan
Keys, Desks and Mailboxes
Both graduate and undergraduate students are eligible to obtain a basic key fob that includes exterior doors, study rooms 1190 and 1192, and instructional labs in the basement of Lawson. To obtain a key fob for the Lawson Building and/or Haas Hall, email a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate TAs will also have access to the following rooms:
Help Rooms for TA Office Hours
- HAAS G050—Main Help Room
- HAAS G72—Backup Help Room
- HAAS 143—Backup Help Room
TA Work Rooms—not to be used for office hours
- HAAS G018
- HAAS G045
- HAAS G047
- HAAS G060
- HAAS G007—Break Room/Kitchenette
- LWSN Side Entrances
Graduate RAs will also have access to LWSN side entrances, their lab per department designation, and the LWSN 3130 PhD Collaboration Space. This room is only for RA collaboration work. GTAs will not have access to LWSN 3130.
A few reminders:
- All TA office hours are to be held in the TA Help Rooms listed above.
- Do NOT hold group meetings in TA work rooms or RA labs. Be considerate of your fellow students and hold them in the Help Rooms or collaboration spaces that you have access to.
- All rooms listed above are to remain secure when no one is in the rooms. If you are the last TA to leave one of the rooms, please make certain the door is shut and locked.
- You are not to unplug, turn off, or move workstations and attached equipment (that is not your personal property) in labs. Doing so is a violation of our acceptable use policy because it interferes with others’ use of the labs and potentially damages equipment. Violation of this policy is grounds for having your CS computer account privileges revoked.
- DO NOT prop the door open to HAAS G18 for any reason. This room needs to stay secure at all times.
- HAAS and Lawson kitchenettes—Do NOT pour any solid substances down the sink drain. No coffee grounds, tea leaves, food particles, etc., can be put down the sink. IT WILL CLOG.
- Do not leave dirty dishes in the room. If they are found anywhere in the room, on the counter, or in the cabinets, they will be thrown away without warning.
- All food in the refrigerator must be marked with your name and the date. Any food items found without being marked will be discarded without warning.
The GRA desk assignment process will be announced at the beginning of each semester. GTAs may or may not be assigned desk space. Please clean any desk you use when you leave as many desks are shared spaces.
Undergraduate students are not provided desk space.
Due to the large number of CS graduate students and security issues, we are not able to provide mailboxes to graduate students.