Student Web Support Position Open in Dept of Forestry & Natural Resources
The Department of Forestry & Natural Resources is looking for web support starting in March and then carrying through the summer and continuing on. Your hours can be set to fit within your school schedule.
- If you have the desire to learn more about HTML, CSS, Photoshop and Bootstrap then this position is a good fit for you.
- If you are creative and like to work with images, creating graphics and web design this is a position you will enjoy.
- We have several training opportunities to learn more and expand your web design skills as you assist staff.
- See attached for details.
We want to help you build your portfolio. FNR has hired five Polytech-CGT students in the past and all five had relevant work experience to list on their resumes and used FNR as a reference. All five received desired positions after they graduated.
Send your resume to email@example.com.
Student Position Open in Department of Forestry & Natural Resources
JOB TITLE: Web Designer for Forestry & Natural Resources (FNR) DUTIES: Update FNR web content and add interactive web pages with utilizing web content management system Cascade and WordPress, along with aiding and meeting Purdue’s Web Accessibility guidelines. CONTACT: Diana Evans, firstname.lastname@example.org ADDRESS: FORS Room 107 PHONE: 765-494-3583 WEB SITES: www.ag.purdue.edu/fnr and www.purdue.edu/fnr/extension START DATE: March 4, 2024 EXPERIENCE REQ: Experience Preferred SKILL: Microsoft Office, Creative Cloud including Adobe Photoshop, HTML, CSS and/or familiar with web code, ex: Bootstrap. SUMMER MIN HOURS: 30 MAX HOURS: 40
SEMESTER MIN HOURS: 16 MAX HOURS: 20 (Hours can be arranged to fit your schedule.)
START PAY: $12.00 Is this job: Community Service? NO On Campus: YES (& Remotely)
Position Summary: The Department of Forestry and Natural Resources is looking for a student with web development skills. Must have web classes/experience with HTML and CSS, work well with others, proficient in the English language and grammar/sentence structure, strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail and able to work independently along with communicating efficiently with work progress to supervisor. This position aids in posting web content, general site maintenance along with assisting in keeping sites up to date with interactive web pages while meeting Purdue’s Web Accessibility guidelines. Must have the ability to work well with others, as position is located in resource office and have the ability to maintain confidentiality of all access. Will need to provide 2-3 references. This position starts May 30, 2023, and will continue through the summer and beyond based on job performance.
• The ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Keen attention to detail, proficient, organized and works well with others as this position aids a resource office that interacts with students, staff, faculty and the public.
• Working knowledge of the following areas is required:
• Some degree of working knowledge in the following areas is preferred but not required:
o CSS 3
• Familiarity with the following software is preferred but not required:
o Wix or any other web content management systems
• Assisting the Forestry & Natural Resources Extension and Web Communication Specialist while meeting Purdue’s web policies and accessibility guidelines. This includes examining HTML & CSS code to ensure compliance.
• Assist in design to offer web visitors interactive web pages.
• Assist in requests for resources from students, staff and faculty.
• Assist in instructional guides for web resources provided.
• Assist in photo gallery organization and uploads.
• Assist in event and award postings.