MLT Career Prep Program for Black, LatinX, and Native American students
This program helps Black, LatinX, and Native American students get internships and jobs. Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT) Career Prep Program.
- College sophomore. (App deadlines are in the Fall, so this might be for your current 1st year students to apply in the Fall).
- S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident (includes DACA participants)
- African American, Latinx, or Native American (if you represent more than one race, one of them must be African American, Latinx, or Native American)
- There is no GPA requirement to apply.However, fellows are expected to maintain a 3.0 GPA minimum while participating in the program
- Career interest in Business or Technology (but we accept all majors.)
- Ability to complete monthly assignments and attend all virtual or in-person seminars
Applicants must not be pursuing graduate school immediately after completing undergrad.
The MLT Career Prep Program Experience
Your MLT Career Prep experience starts the summer before your junior year of college and continues through the beginning of your senior year. Here’s how MLT will help you achieve your goals:
- One-on-one coaching: An expert MLT Coach will guide you through the program and help you create a personalized career roadmap that ties your long-term career aspirations to near-term goals and development objectives.
- Personal clarity: You will gain insight into your strengths, passions, and development areas. You will define how these personal elements align with your ultimate career goals, allowing you to better tell your story in job interviews.
- Job search guidance: Fellows develop the skills and relationships needed for their target career and become better prepared for the recruiting process. MLT coaches provide resume and cover letter support, as well as critical insights on networking, interviewing, and relationship management.
- A powerful professional network: You will connect with a community of peers, who have similar interests and career aspirations, and join a network of more than 8,000 MLT Alumni, corporate partners, and other business leaders.
- Exposure and access to top employers: Career Prep Fellows receive access to the leading hiring organizations in consulting, technology, financial services, consumer goods, retail, and more — all seeking to recruit MLT talent for internships and full-time jobs.
- In-person and virtual seminars: Fellows attend mandatory weekend seminars. Each event is designed to provide participants with the insights and skills needed to secure high-trajectory internships and jobs. Seminars include skill-building workshops, case studies, industry panels, and networking sessions. Content is delivered by our corporate partners, MLT coaches, and additional subject matter experts. Seminars are generally hosted on the campuses of MLT’s corporate partners. The typical time frames for these seminars are:
- Kickoff Seminar: August
- Interview & Analytical Skills Seminar: October
- Consulting Boot Camp (optional): March
- Financial Industry Trek (optional): March
- Tech Trek (optional): May
- Closing Seminar: September