- Undergraduate Program
- Academic Advisors
- Student Life
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Student Concerns
- Undergraduate Research
- CS Course Proficiency Exams
- Artificial Intelligence Degree Requirements
- Computer Science Degree Requirements
- Data Science Degree Requirements
- Minor in Computer Science
- BS/MS Degree Program in CS
- Honors in Computer Science
- Cooperative Education Program
- Curriculum Resources
- Bridge Program
Minor in Computer Science
Students who entered Purdue Spring 2016 or before should follow these directions.
Current minor requirements for students entering Fall 2016 and later may be found here: https://www.cs.purdue.edu/undergraduate/curriculum/minor.html
If you have not yet declared the minor, do so prior to registration.
- Complete the CS Minor Application with your advisor: CS Minor Application (PDF)
- Submit complete and signed application to the administrative assistant in the CS Undergraduate Advising Office (LWSN 1123) between 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, or 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, or to an advisor during their posted non-major walk-in hours.
If you have already declared the minor, you may register/request courses as described below and on the registration info page.
To obtain a minor in Computer Science, students must pass, with a C or higher, five 3-credit courses that fulfill CS major requirements. All five courses must be taken at Purdue University - West Lafayette.
Any course number '_9000' (such as 39000 or 49000), MUST be confirmed with the CS Advising Office.
None of the following can be used:
* CS independent study courses
* EPCS courses (EPICS).
All pre- and co-requisites must be met.
The Course Prerequisite Chart (PDF) may be helpful in selecting the five courses.
CS 18000 will be open to non-CS majors during spring semesters.
All other CS major courses are reserved for CS majors, with second priority given to declared CS minors. Space is not guaranteed.
CS 18000, 25000, and 25100 will be open to non-CS majors during Spring semesters. Space is not guaranteed.
CS 18200, 24000, and 25200 will be open to non-CS majors during Fall semesters. Space is not guaranteed.
For all subsequent CS courses, declared CS minors may submit a space request here
These CS Minor requirements are effective Summer 2013 – Summer 2016.
For CS Minor information formerly effective Fall 2006 - Spring 2013 (PDF).
For CS Minor information for Fall 2016 forward.