Amit Roy - Department of Computer Science - Purdue University Skip to main content

Amit Roy

Graduate Student

Graduate Teaching Assistant

Joined department: Fall 2022


Bachelor of Science (B.Sc), University of Dhaka, Computer Science and Engineering (2020)

Hello, I am Amit.

I am a graduate student in Purdue Computer Science and joined the department after being offered a Ross Fellowship. My research focus is

  • Graph Machine Learning
  • Large Language Models
  • Data Mining

Until 2023, I worked on a project with Prof. Pan Li on Graph Anomaly Detection (GAD) and developed deep learning architectures using neighborhood reconstruction-based graph autoencoder and energy-based models funded by Sony, Belgium.

Before joining Purdue Computer Science in the Fall of 2022, I worked as a research assistant in the Artificial Intelligence and Cybernetics Lab (AGenCy Lab) at Independent University Bangladesh where I worked on several research projects related to deep learning on graphs, funded by the ICT Division Government of Bangladesh. Also, I have experience working as a software engineer at Tiger IT Bangladesh Limited working on the back-end part of applied computer vision projects from real-time video data e.g. automated number plate recognition and object detection.

Earlier in 2020, I finished my undergrad at the Department of Computer Science, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, securing the first position in the Faculty of Engineering and Technology with a CGPA of 3.96 on a scale of 4.00.

Academic Activities @ Purdue CS:

Spring 2024*:
CS 50200: Compiling And Programming Systems
CS 53000: Introduction to Scientific Visualization
Teaching Assistant
CS 37300: Machine Learning and Data Mining
Instructor: Prof. Steve Hanneke and Prof. Ruqi Zhang

Fall 2023:
CS 58000: Algorithm Design, Analysis, And Implementation
CS 57300: Data Mining
CS 54100: Database Systems
Teaching Assistant
CS 57800: Statistical Machine Learning
Instructor: Prof. Ruqi Zhang

Spring 2023:
CS 58700: Foundations Of Deep Learning
(CS 69000-DPL: Deep Learning)
CS 57800: Statistical Machine Learning
CS 57700: Natural Language Processing

Fall 2022:
CS 59300-CLG: Computation and Learning over Graphs
CS 53600: Data Communication And Computer Network

Selected Publications

  • GAD-EBM: Graph Anomaly Detection using Energy-Based Models
    New Frontiers in Graph Learning (GLFRONTIERS), NeurIPS Workshop 2023
    Amit Roy
    , Juan Shu, Olivier Elshocht, Jeroen Smeets, Ruqi Zhang, Pan Li [Paper]
  • GAD-NR: Graph Anomaly Detection via Neighborhood Reconstruction
    The 17th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM-2024)
    March 4th-8th, 2024, Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
    Amit Roy, Juan Shu, Jia Li, Carl Yang, Olivier Elshocht, Jeroen Smeets, Pan Li [ Paper ] [ Code ]

Last Updated: Jun 14, 2022 1:28 PM

Department of Computer Science, 305 N. University Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907

Phone: (765) 494-6010 • Fax: (765) 494-0739

Copyright © 2024 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact the College of Science.