Protecting Student Privacy
Purdue University is committed to protecting student privacy. All of the University policies regarding student privacy and information security apply to remote teaching. Faculty and TAs are expected to uphold these policies and follow these procedures
- Use the University's secure Learning Management System (Brightspace) to report student grades.
- Use the University's email system, Webex, or Brightspace for all official, confidential communication such as releasing grade information to students.
- Keep student work, scores, and grades confidential.
- Follow the University’s guidelines for sharing student educational record information.
- Keep roster information confidential.
- Keep meeting links private to the course. There are reports of hackers invading open spaces https://www.edsurge.com/news/2020-03-27-holding-class-on-zoom-beware-of-these-hacks-hijinks-and-hazards
- If you need to record your lectures, use one of the tools recommended by Purdue Innovative Learning. To see your options, visit https://www.purdue.edu/innovativelearning/supporting-instruction/instructional-technology/.
- Do not share files or data protected by FERPA via Webex. Instead, use Brightspace or Filelocker.
- Use Zoom, Webex, or Teams for meetings. The University cannot attest to the security of other meeting software.
Further information can be found at ITaP's Newsroom.