Roads Close - CS Building Construction Progresses
The Richard and Patricia Lawson Computer Science Building Project will cause the closure of parts of University Street and Third Street on May 16, 2005. The streets are to reopen no later than August 6-12, 2005. (For full information on road closures and traffic sign changes, etc., see PDF.)
- University Street will close from Second Street to about 100 feet north of Fourth Street.
- Third Street will close from Waldron Street to the circle drive east of the Elliott Hall of Music.
- Second Street, between University and Russell Streets, will be one-way westbound.
- Fifth Street, between University and Russell Streets, will be one-way east-bound.
- Parking will be eliminated on the east side of Waldron Street between Third and Fifth Streets.
- New traffic signals and ADA crosswalks will be installed at the Third and University intersection.
- Many sidewalks in the area will also close.