Saul Rosen Distinguished Professor of Computer Sciences
Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Department of Computer Sciences
305 N. University Street
West Lafayette, Indiana, 47907-2107
Office Phone: +1 765-494-6703
FAX: +1 765-494-0739
Analysis and design of algorithms, multimedia data compression, bioinformatics, information theory, random structures, analytic combinatorics, performance evaluation, networking, stability problems in distributed systems, modeling of computer systems and computer communication networks, queueing theory, and operations research.
Recent and Current Projects:
I2Lab (UCF, 2005),
Smith Lecture (UC, Irvine),
Facets of Entropy 2007,
ISIT 2011 (St. Petersburg, Russia),
4th Polish Combinatorial Conference,
Lecture Series on Future Technology, 2014,
IS4IS Summit Vienna 2015,
CPM, Italy 2015 ,
AofA'1a, Krakow, Poland,
- The 21st International Performance, Computing and Communications Conference, Phoenix, Arizona, April 3-5, 2002.
- Eighth International Seminar on the Analysis of Algorithms, Strobl, Austria, June 23-28, 2002.
- The Sixth International Conference on Software Computing and Distributed Processing, Rzeszow, Poland, June 25-25, 2002.
- 4-th International Symposium on Advanced Concepts for Intelligent Vision Systems (ACIVS'02), Ghent, Belgium, September 9-11, 2002.
- Ninth International Seminar on the Analysis of Algorithms, San Miniato - Pisa (Italy), June 22-28, 2003.
- 2003 Information Theory Workshop, Hong Kong, July 6-10, 2003.
- 5-th International Symposium on Advanced Concepts for Intelligent Vision Systems (ACIVS'03), Ghent, Belgium, September 2-5, 2003.
- NSF Workshop on Information Theory and Computer Science Interface , in Swiss Hotel, Chicago, October 17 and 18, 2003. NSF Proposal ( PDF format )
- Analytic Algorithmics and Combinatorics (ANALCO04), New Orleans, January 10, 2004.
- HiCOMB, 3-rd International Workshop on High Performance Computational Biology, Santa Fe, April, 2004.
- II Conference on Information Technology (Keynote Speaker), Gdansk, May 16-18, 2004.
- Analysis of Algorithms (Summer Graduate Program) , MSRI, Berkeley, June 2-11, 2004 ( Foothills Student Housing)
- Tenth International Seminar on the Analysis of Algorithms, MSRI, Berkeley, June 14-18, 2004. (see also AofA Webpage)
- 6-th International Symposium on Advanced Concepts for Intelligent Vision Systems (ACIVS'04), Ghent, Belgium, August 2004.
- 11th International Conference on String Processing and Information Retrievali (SPIRE), October 5-8, 2004, Padova, Italy.
- 2004 IEEE Information Theory Workshop, October 24-29, 2004, San Antonio, Texas
- Analytic Algorithmics and Combinatorics (ANALCO05) (Plenary Speaker), Vancouver, January 22, 2005.
- III Conference on Information Technology, Gdansk, May 22-25, 2005.
- 2005 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, Adelaide, Australia, September 4-9, 2005.
- Information Beyond Shannon , Orlando, October 27-28, 2005.
- 10TH PANHELLENIC CONFERENCE ON INFORMATICS, Volos, Greece, November 11-13, 2005.
- 2006 IEEE Information Theory Workshop, Punta del Este, Uruguay, March 14-17, 2006.
- IV Conference on Information Technology, Gdansk, May 21-24, 2006.
- 12th International Seminar on the Analysis of Algorithms, Alden Biesen, Belgium, 2-8 July 2006.
- 2006 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, Seatle, July 9-14, 2006.
- European Conference on Computational Biology (ECCB2006), Eliat, Isreal, September 10-13, 2006.
- First International Multiconference on Computer Science and Information Systems,, Wisla, Poland, 6-10, November 2006.
- 11TH PANHELLENIC CONFERENCE ON INFORMATICS, Patras, Greece, May, 2007.
- 2007 International Conference on Analysis of Algorithms , (Keynote Speaker) Juan-les-Pins, France, June 17-22, 2007. [ poster ] [Call for paper]
5th International Workshop on Biological Data Management,
Regensburg (Germany), September 3-7 2007.
Seventh IEEE International Conference on Data Mining,
Oct 28-31, 2007, in Omaha, Nebraska.
International Multiconference on Computer Science and Information
Technology, (IMCSIT), October 15-17, 2007, Wisla, Poland.
Analytic Algorithms and Combinatorics, (ANALCO'08), Co-chair,
Jan. 19, 2008.
2008 International Conference on Analysis of Algorithms ,
April 12-17, 2008, Maresias, Brazil.
2008 IEEE Information Theory Workshop, May 5-9, 2008, Porto, Portugal.
Information Theory and Statistical Learning (ITSL), Las Vegas,
June 23-24, 2008.
2008 IEEE International Symposium on
Information Theory, Toronto, July 6-11, 2008.
Fifth Colloquium on Mathematics and Computer Science, September 22-26,
2008, Blaubeuren, Germany.
Information Beyond Shannon ,
Venice, Italy, December 29-30, 2008.
- 2009 IEEE International Symposium
on Information Theory, Seoul, South Korea, June 28 - July 3, 2009
ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA10),
Austin, Texas, Jan 17-19, 2010.
9th Symposium on Latin American Theoretical Informatics, LATIN 2010,
Oaxaca, Mexico, April, 2010.
2nd International IEEE Conference on Information Technology ICIT'2010,
Gdansk, Poland, June 28-30, 2010.
21st International Meeting on
Probabilistic, Combinatorial and Asymptotic Methods for the Analysis of
Algorithms, Vienna, June 28-July 2, 2010.
SIBIRCON , Irkutsk, Russia, July 11 -15, 2010.
STC Kick-off Workshop on Science of Information,
Chicago, September 6-7, 2010.
Mini-Workshop: Random Trees, Information and Algorithms ,
Oberwolfach, April 24-30, 2011.
- 2011 IEEE International Symposium
on Information Theory,
St. Petersburg, Russia, July 31 to August 5, 2011.
2011 IEEE International Conference on Data Mining,
Vancouver, Canada, December 11-14, 2011.
10th Symposium on Latin American Theoretical Informatics, LATIN 2012,
Universidad Catolica San Pablo, Arequipa, Peru, April 16-20, 2012.
Big Data Workshop, (Chair), Waikiki, Hawaii, March 18-20, 2013.
- 2013 IEEE International Symposium
on Information Theory,
31st Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Computer Science ,
STACS 2014, Lyoan, March 5-8, 2014.
25th International Meeting on Probabilistic, Combinatorial and Asymptotic Methods
for the Analysis of Algorithms,
AofA 2014, Paris, June 16-20, 2014.
This page last modified 09 August, 1961