Assistant Professor in the Computer Science Department at Purdue.
Assistant Professor in the Statistics Department (by courtesy) at Purdue.
Lawson Building 2142-J, West Lafayette, IN 47907, phone: 765-496-6757
e-mail: jhonorio at purdue.edu
Through a unifying framework, with the power of continuous relaxations and primal-dual certificates, my research group produces novel algorithms for learning and inference in combinatorial problems. Our aim is to generate correct, computationally efficient and statistically efficient algorithms for high dimensional machine learning problems. Our results include algorithms for learning and inference in structured prediction, community detection, learning Bayesian networks and graphical games. [vita]
Prior to joining Purdue, I was a postdoctoral associate at MIT CSAIL, working with Tommi Jaakkola.
My Erdős number is 3: Jean Honorio → Tommi Jaakkola → Noga Alon → Paul Erdős.
- 9/28/21. 2 papers accepted at NeurIPS (Adarsh, Gregory/Kevin).
- 8/18/21. NSF DMS:Collaborative grant awarded to do research on deep learning.
- 5/8/21. 2 papers accepted at ICML (Abi, Qian/Yilin).
- 4/30/21. 6 papers accepted at ISIT (Kevin/Qiuling, Donald/Adarsh, Jiajun/Chuyang, Zitao, Krishna, Abdulrahman).
- 1/22/21. 2 papers accepted at AISTATS (Zhanyu, Yuki).
- 9/25/20. 1 paper accepted at NeurIPS (Kevin).
- 1/6/20. 1 paper accepted at AISTATS (Kevin).
- 9/3/19. 3 papers accepted at NeurIPS (Kevin, Adarsh, Abi).
- 4/21/19. 1 paper accepted at ICML (Raphael).
- 9/5/18. 3 papers accepted at NeurIPS (Kevin:2, Chuyang).
- 5/11/18. 1 paper accepted at ICML (Asish).
- 12/22/17. 3 papers accepted at AISTATS (Asish:2, Yixi).
- 9/4/17. 1 paper accepted at NeurIPS (Asish).
- 8/17/17. NSF RI:Small grant awarded to do research on structured prediction.
Selected Publications (see all by year / by topic)
- CS 69000-SML. Statistical Machine Learning II: Fall 2021, also offered on Spring 2019 and Spring 2017.
- CS 59200-HLT / STAT 59800-HLT. Hands-On Learning Theory: Fall 2021, also offered on Fall 2020, Fall 2019, Fall 2018, Fall 2017, Fall 2016 and Fall 2015.
- CS 37300. Data Mining and Machine Learning: Spring 2021, also offered on Fall 2019 and Fall 2018.
- CS 57800. Statistical Machine Learning: Fall 2020, also offered on Spring 2020, Spring 2018, Fall 2017 and Fall 2016.
- CS 52000. Computational Methods In Optimization: Spring 2016.