Assistant Professor in the Computer Science Department at Purdue.
Assistant Professor in the Statistics Department (by courtesy) at Purdue.
Lawson Building 2142-J, West Lafayette, IN 47907, phone: 765-496-6757
e-mail: jhonorio at purdue.edu
Through a unifying framework, with the power of continuous relaxations and primal-dual certificates, my research group produces novel algorithms for learning and inference in combinatorial problems. Our aim is to generate correct, computationally efficient and statistically efficient algorithms for high dimensional machine learning problems. Our results include algorithms for learning Bayesian networks, graphical games, learning and inference in structured prediction, and community detection. [vita]
Prior to joining Purdue, I was a postdoctoral associate at MIT CSAIL, working with Tommi Jaakkola.
My Erdős number is 3: Jean Honorio → Tommi Jaakkola → Noga Alon → Paul Erdős.
- 1/22/21. Zhanyu got 1 paper, Yuki got 1 paper accepted at AISTATS.
- 9/25/20. Kevin got 1 paper accepted at NeurIPS.
- 1/6/20. Kevin got 1 paper accepted at AISTATS.
- 9/3/19. Adarsh got 1 paper, Kevin got 1 paper, Abi got 1 paper accepted at NeurIPS.
- 4/21/19. Raphael got 1 paper accepted at ICML.
- 9/5/18. Chuyang got 1 paper, Kevin got 2 papers accepted at NeurIPS.
- 5/11/18. Asish got 1 paper accepted at ICML.
Selected Publications (see all by year / by topic)