Assistant Professor in the Computer Science Department at Purdue.
Assistant Professor in the Statistics Department (by courtesy) at Purdue.
Lawson Building 2142-J, West Lafayette, IN 47907, phone: 765-496-6757
e-mail: jhonorio at purdue.edu
Through a unifying framework, with the power of continuous relaxations and primal-dual certificates, my research group produces novel algorithms for learning and inference in combinatorial problems. Our aim is to generate correct, computationally efficient and statistically efficient algorithms for high dimensional machine learning problems. Our results include algorithms for learning and inference in structured prediction, community detection, learning Bayesian networks and graphical games. [vita]
Prior to joining Purdue, I was a postdoctoral associate at MIT CSAIL, working with Tommi Jaakkola.
My Erdős number is 3: Jean Honorio → Tommi Jaakkola → Noga Alon → Paul Erdős.
- 5/8/21. 2 papers accepted at ICML (Abi, Qian/Yilin).
- 4/30/21. 6 papers accepted at ISIT (Kevin/Qiuling, Donald/Adarsh, Jiajun/Chuyang, Zitao, Krishna, Abdulrahman).
- 1/22/21. 2 papers accepted at AISTATS (Zhanyu, Yuki).
- 9/25/20. 1 paper accepted at NeurIPS (Kevin).
- 1/6/20. 1 paper accepted at AISTATS (Kevin).
- 9/3/19. 3 papers accepted at NeurIPS (Kevin, Adarsh, Abi).
- 4/21/19. 1 paper accepted at ICML (Raphael).
- 9/5/18. 3 papers accepted at NeurIPS (Kevin:2, Chuyang).
- 5/11/18. 1 paper accepted at ICML (Asish).
Selected Publications (see all by year / by topic)