A Note for Prospective Students
Here is a note for students that are considering working with me.
Students that work with me should have knowledge of:
I require students to be:
- linear algebra (e.g., eigenvalues, Hessian, gradients.)
- discrete math (e.g., graphs, proof by contradiction, proof by induction.)
- theory of algorithms (e.g., computational complexity.)
- experience in proving theorems (by already submitted or accepted papers) is highly encouraged, although not required.
- good programming experience (e.g., C++ or Matlab.)
To have a more detailed idea about my work, please look at:
To have a more detailed idea about the tools I use for proving theorems, please look at:
If the above still makes sense, and you have looked at my papers and seminar, please contact me.
- avid readers of the literature (e.g., UAI, ICML, AISTATS, NIPS, JMLR.)
- self-motivated, committed, hard working individuals.