Professor of Computer Science
Interim Director of CERIAS
Department of Computer Science
305 N. University Street
West Lafayette, Indiana, 47907-2107
Office Phone: +1 765-494-6182
FAX: +1 765-494-0739
A note to graduate applicants: Thank you for your interest in our graduate program.
I cannot personally make decisions on admissions, and I am not on the committee that
does so. Due to the large volume of emails I receive, I may not reply to your
inquiries (my pre-apologies). Good luck with your applications!
Welcome to Dongyan Xu's home page. I am a professor of
computer science at
Purdue University, where I joined in 2001
as an assistant professor.
I received my
Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign, under the direction of Professor
I am a recipient of
four Seed for Success Awards from Purdue University,
a CAREER Award from NSF, six Best Paper/Student Paper Awards from
CCS'15, and NDSS'16.
I am a Purdue University Faculty Scholar and a
CERIAS Fellow. I received the College of Science Undergraduate Advising (2008),
Graduate Advising (2014), Leadership (2013), Research (2015), and Team (2015) Awards.
The three components of my professional life:
- Current interests: computer systems security, malware defense
and forensics, cloud computing, and
- Group: Lab FRIENDS
- Affiliation: CERIAS.
- Sponsors (past and present): AFOSR, AFRL,
CERDEC, DARPA, IARPA, NSA, NSF, ONR, Cisco Systems, DOCOMO USA Labs, ETRI, Microsoft Research, Northrop
Grumman, RSA (via CERIAS), Southwest Research Institute, Vencore Labs (ACS), Purdue Research
In Memoriam: Saburo
- Interim Director, CERIAS, 7/2016 -
- Assistant Director, CERIAS, 2011 - 2013.
- Associate Editor, ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems, 2011 -
- Associate Editor, Cluster Computing Journal, 2007 - 2015.
- Panelist, NSF proposal review panels, 2005,
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015.
- TPC Member, IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (Oakland), Oakland, CA, 2010, 2015.
- TPC Member, ISOC NDSS 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017.
- TPC Member, ACM Conf. on Computer and Communications Security (CCS) 2013, 2016.
- TPC Member, ACM Symp. on Cloud Computing (SOCC) 2011, 2014.
- TPC Member, DFRWS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- TPC Member, ACSAC 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- TPC Member, ACM ASIACCS 2010, 2011, 2016.
- TPC Member, DIMVA 2011.
- TPC, USENIX HotCloud 2009, 2010 (co-Chair), 2013, 2014.
- TPC Member, ACM HPDC 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
(co-Chair), 2015, 2016.
- TPC Member, IEEE/ACM Supercomputing (SC) 2005,
2006, 2007, 2008, 2013.
- TPC Member, ACM/IEEE ICAC 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (co-Chair), 2015.
- Co-Chair, ACM NOSSDAV 2009, Williamsburg, VA,
- TPC Member, RAID 2009,
2012, 2015, 2016.
- TPC Member, SecureComm 2009, Athens, Greece,
- TPC Member, ACM CCS Workshop on Scalable Trusted Computing, Fairfax, VA, 2006.
- TPC Member, ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Large-Scale Attack Defense, Pisa, Italy, 2006.
This page last modified 11 December, 1923. (Obviously this machine-generated date is