Purdue University - Department of Computer Science - Undergraduate Curricular Practical Training

Undergraduate Curricular Practical Training

Instructions for international CS Undergraduate students

  • Select How to Apply for CPT and follow the directions.
    • In Step 3: Departmental approval is granted by Lori O'Brien (LWSN 1137, ljobrien@purdue.edu). 
    • In Step 5: Lori O'Brien will also be the course instructor
      • For CPT more than 20 hours per week use CS 18300, 18400, 28400, 38600, and 48700 (Professional Practice I, II, III, IV, and V) in sequence (CS 18300 the first time, CS 18400 the second time, ...).

      • For CPT of 20 or fewer hours per week, use CS 28401 (Professional Practice Part Time).

  • At or near the end of the work session, the employer must submit directly to the instructor a description of what the student has accomplished and an evaluation of the student's performance. The employer should give the student a copy.

  • At or near the end of the work session, the student must submit to the instructor a description of what was learned and an evaluation of the experience. The student should give the employer a copy.

  • The reports from the employer and the student may be combined and submitted by the employer directly to the instructor. Proprietary information should NOT be included in any of the reports. The reports will not be regarded as confidential unless confidentiality  is explicitly requested by the employer for a limited time. 

  • The student is responsible for informing the employer about the reports.

  • The initial grade is normally NS (not submitted), and a grade of S or U assigned after the reports have been received.  If the reports are not received within four weeks after the end of the work session, a permanent grade of U may be assigned.

2018/09/06 MMS

Last Updated: Sep 6, 2018 10:50 AM

Department of Computer Science, 305 N. University Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907

Phone:(765) 494-6010 • Fax: (765) 494-0739

Copyright © 2016 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact the College of Science.