I am currently a research scientist at Facebook, working on Ads Optimization and Ads Measurement.
Before this, I got my Ph.D. degree from Computer Science Department, Purdue University, advised by Prof. Luo Si in Dec. 2012. My Ph.D. thesis committee members: Prof. Luo Si, Prof. Jiawei Han, Prof. Jennifer Neville, Prof. Vernon Rego. I got my Master's degree from Automation Department of Tsinghua Univ. in 2008. My Supervisors were Prof. Changshui Zhang and Prof. Nanyuan Zhao. During 2010 and 2012 summers, I did two internships at IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, advised by Yan Liu and Jingrui He.
My major research interests focus on Machine Learning, Data Mining and Information Retrieval. I published more than 30 papers in several top conferenecs and journals, such as SIGIR, KDD, ICML, NIPS, IJCAI, AAAI, ICDM, SDM, IEEE TNN etc, and filed patents with IBM TJ Watson and Facebook.
1. Filed a patent on Facebook Ads 2014.
2. One paper accepted by ECCV 2014.
3. One paper accepted by CIKM 2013.
4. Our paper "M2LS: Multi-Instance Learning from Multiple Information Sour ces" is accepted by KDD 2013 as an oral paper.
5. Our paper "MILEAGE: Multiple Instance LEArning with Global Embedding" has been accepted by ICML 2013.
6. One paper accepted by KAIS and another one accepted by SIGIR 2013.
PhD dissertation nominated for the Outstanding Dissertation Award of Purdue University
IBM Ph.D. fellowship, 2012
Facebook fellowship finalist (website), 2012
NIPS Travel Grant, 2011
ICDM'11 best paper candidate for KAIS publication, 2011
AAAI, SIGIR, SIGKDD scholarship for travel, 2011
Student Travel Grant, IJCAI, 2009
Excellent Master's Thesis Award, 2008
“Meritorious Winner” of the (International) Mathematical Contest in Modeling, 2004
First prize of Advanced Math Competition of Jiangsu Province, 2002