The annual George Pólya Award is presented by the Mathematical Association of America to authors of articles of expository excellence that appear in The College Mathematics Journal. The 2009 award recognized my article, "Designing a Table Both Swinging and Stable," which appeared in the September 2008 issue. See
- the list of recipients since 1977
- the MathFest 2009 Prizes and Awards Booklet (see pages 21 and 22)
- the MAA announcement of awards at MathFest 2009
- the announcement of Mathfest 2009 awards in MAA FOCUS
- the announcement of the awards in the Notices of the AMS
- the announcement in the Newsletter of the MD-DC-VA section of the MAA (see page 6)
Last updated July 11, 2010.