Elisa Bertino is professor at the Department of Computer Science, Purdue University.
She heads the Cyber Space Security Lab (Cyber2Slab) carrying out groundbreaking research on protection from insider threat, security of IoT, sensors, embedded systems, and drones, digital identity management, data security and privacy on the cloud, privacy of mobile devices, data trustworthiness.
Her main research interests cover many areas in the fields of information security and database systems. Her research combines both theoretical and practical aspects, addressing as well applications on a number of domains, such as medicine and humanities. Current research includes:
She is co-editor in chief of GeoInformatica and of IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, and editor of the Synthesis Lectures on Information Security, Privacy, and Trust.
She is author of several articles in International Journals and Conference Proceedings, and is co-author of the books:
Recent Position and Keynote Papers
· Security with Privacy – Opportunities and Challenges, COMPSAC 2014
· Big Data – Opportunities and Challenges, COMPSAC 2013
· Data Security – Challenges and Research Opportunities, Secure Data Management 2013
· I recently gave a keynote talk at IEEE ICC 2018 in Kansas City
· Our paper “LTEInspector: A Systematic Approach for Adversarial Testing of 4G LTE” has been accepted at NDSS 2018
· Our paper “RahasNym: Pseudonymous Identity Management System for Protecting against Linkability” has been featured in the IEEE Computing Now Theme of April 2017.
· Our paper “Efficient k-Anonymization Using Clustering Techniques” presented at DASFAA 2007 received the 10-year Best Paper Award at DASFAA 2017.
· Our paper “Ghostbuster: A Fine-Grained Approach for Anomaly Detection in File System Accessed” received the best paper award at CODASPY 2017 (see news).
· The CRIS system is now open source
· Bertino is part of the Data Analytics and Information Science International Technology Alliance (DAIS ITA)
Some papers authored by our research group:
· B. Shebaro, O. Oluwatimi, D. Midi, E. Bertino, “IdentiDroid: Android can finally Wear its Anonymous Suit” Transactions on Data Privacy 7 (2014) 27-50
· M. Nabeel, E.Bertino, “Privacy preserving Delegated Access Comtrol in Public Clouds” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 26(9); 2268-2280 (2014)