The online Professional Masters Degree in Information Security is designed for IT professionals in industry or government who want to advance in technical cybersecurity and privacy positions. Our program prepares students to grow into the role of an information security specialist, while learning foundational principles, relevant systems, and acquiring proficiency in using the cutting-edge software tools.
The program differs from a traditional, academic Computer Science Master’s degree through its specialized area of focus and its suitability for professionals whose undergraduate bachelor’s degree may not have been in computer science. The program is intended to serve professionals with programming and computer science experience acquired either during their professional career or by having at least an undergraduate computer science minor. The program will also be a natural progression for Bachelor of Science graduates in a computing major.
Gain Practical Knowledge and Apply Techniques for Securing Systems
Professional Master's Degree students gain professional skills and competencies to build, evaluate and maintain secure systems through course lab assignments and projects. Lab assignments will utilize cutting edge security techniques and software, real-world examples, and require students to respond to simulated security challenges and learn to develop secure systems with appropriate defense mechanisms.
Students completing the degree will be able to
- Explain to a diverse audience the foundational ideas and concepts of computer science as applicable to information security.
- Explain the impacts of technology changes in the field of information security to stakeholders.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills to protect the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of software, networks, and data.
- Analyze information systems to identify threats, vulnerabilities and attack vectors.
- Develop and deploy solutions for defending information systems from attacks.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of data privacy concepts, challenges, and protection techniques, with corresponding skills to guide decision making of stakeholders.
Request More Information