Master's Degree in Information Security: Admission
- Spring 2022: December 1, 2021
- Summer 2022: May 1,2022
- Fall 2022: July 8, 2022
Admissions decisions are based on individual experience and the applicant’s fit with the program.
- A four year bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher [A computer science bachelor’s degree, another technical degree with a computer science minor, or in absence of a computer science undergraduate degree, significant programming experience developed on the job will be considered.] It is recommended that students are comfortable with programming in C or Java, and have some knowledge of data structures (e.g., stacks, queues, hash tables), algorithm design (e.g., searching, sorting), and computer architecture and systems programming (e.g., memory organization and management, system calls).
- An updated resume
- For applicants without significant programming coursework in their major or minor degree, two years of work experience in the IT area is desirable.
- Transcripts from all universities attended, including transfer credits. Transcripts that are marked as official, unofficial, copy, or student copy, and are uploaded to an application will be accepted for admission. However, transcripts printed from an institution’s student system are not acceptable documents. Official transcripts must be submitted before or during student’s second session of enrollment.
- (3) professional letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your abilities
- An application fee of $60 ($75 for international students)
For international students, English proficiency requirements are listed here.
Statement of Purpose Assistance
As part of your Professional Master's Degree in Information Security program application, we request that you describe your interest in the program by writing a concise statement of purpose. The statement of purpose should be uploaded as part of the electronic graduate school application. Please include a comment or paragraph under appropriate headings for each of the following:
- Applicant's name
- Long-term degree objective
- Description of programming educational background or training
- Description of information security experience
- How the Professional Master's Degree in Information Security degree will facilitate your professional goals
- Any additional information you haven’t already provided