MS in Information and Cybersecurity: Admission
Admission to the online Information and Cybersecurity program has paused. Residential program information is here.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or equivalent
- It is recommended that applicants are comfortable with programming in C or Java and have some knowledge of:
- data structures (stacks, queues, hash tables)
- algorithm design (searching, sorting)
- computer architecture and systems programming (memory organization and management, system calls)
- For applicants without significant programming coursework in their major or minor degree, two years of work experience in the IT area is desirable.
Interested applicants will complete an online application with the Purdue Graduate School. You must submit all the items below to be considered for the Master of Science in Information and Cybersecurity program. These documents are reviewed holistically to select well-qualified and prepared students for the program.
- An application fee of $60 ($75 for international students)
- Professional resume
- Official transcripts from all universities attended, including transfer credits
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Academic Statement of Purpose
- Personal History Statement
- *English proficiency scores: required for all non-native English speakers
- International Students only: Submit a copy of each diploma received in the original language and English translation
*English Proficiency testing is required for international applicants. It will be waived for applicants who have received a baccalaureate degree or graduate or professional degree, within the last 36 months at the time of recommendation for admission, from a school where English is the primary language of instruction in a country/location where English is the native language.
**The GRE or GMAT exam is not required for admission. Applicants who have taken the GRE or GMAT exam may upload their scores into the online application system for consideration.
Request More Information