Instructions for Transfer of CoursesFor each course that you want to transfer, you must document:
- the course description;
- that you earned graduate credit for the course (this sometimes requires documentation of the course numbering system, which not all institutions provide with transcripts);
The documentation is usually provided by transcripts and catalogs. Unofficial course outlines, descriptions of prerequisites, exams and homework assignments might also be useful.
Within the first six weeks of the fall or spring semesters you must provide to the CS grad office for each course transfer request :
1) a cover sheet with the following:
- Your Name:
- Course Number:
- Course Title:
- Statement whether this course has or has not been used to satisfy the requirements of any other degree. If it has been used, also state for which degree. (Certification by the other institution may be required.)
- Statement why you wish to transfer the course, information on the role of the course (e.g., whether you intend to use it to fulfill master's or PhD degree requirements),
- Comparison to current Purdue courses you believe are similar or related.
2) the course description
3) the transcript in which the courses appear
4) documentation in the form of unofficial course outlines, descriptions of prerequisites, exams and homework assignments
Grades in transferred courses must be A or B or the equivalent.
One quarter-hour is approximately equivalent to 2/3 semester-hour.