Forestry & Natural Resources Seeking Video Editor/Web Designer
Are you looking for a summer position that continues into the fall semester with hours that fit within your school schedule?
We have a student video editing/web designing position open here in the Department of Forestry and Natural Resources.
- If you have the desire to learn more about html, css, bootstrap, and video production/editing then this position is a good fit for you.
- If you are creative and like to work with images, videos and web this is a position you will enjoy.
- We have several training opportunities to learn more about video editing and expanding your web design skills as you assist staff.
- See attached for details.
We want to help you build your portfolio. FNR has hired five Polytech-CGT students in the past and all five had relevant work experience to list on their resumes and used FNR as a reference. All five have received desired positions after they graduated.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purdue Extension – Forestry & Natural Resources Student Position pg. 1
Student Position Open in Department of Forestry & Natural Resources
JOB TITLE: Video Editor and Web Designer for Forestry & Natural Resources (FNR) DUTIES: Video editing and updating FNR Extension web content, gain knowledge of web content management systems Cascade and WordPress, along with aiding and meeting Purdue’s web policies and accessibility guidelines. CONTACT: Diana Evans, email@example.com ADDRESS: Room 107, FORS
PHONE: 765-494-3583 FAX: 765-496-2422 WEB SITES: www.ag.purdue.edu/fnr and www.purdue.edu/fnr/extension
START DATE: April 17, 2023 EXPERIENCE REQ: Experience Preferred SKILL: Microsoft Office, Creative Suite, Photoshop, Video editing software: Final Cut Pro/MAC or Adobe Premiere. If video producing and editing is a skill you would like to gain, more training is available with this position. SUMMER MIN HOURS: 30 MAX HOURS: 40
SEMESTER MIN HOURS: 16 MAX HOURS: 20 (Hours can be arranged to fit your schedule.)
START PAY: $11.50 Is this job: Community Service? NO On Campus: Yes (& Remotely)
Position Summary: The Department of Forestry and Natural Resources (FNR)/Purdue Extension-FNR is looking for a student with video editing and web designer skills that will aid in posting web content and images, general site maintenance, aid in designing interactive web pages while meeting Purdue’s Web Accessibility guidelines. Must have web classes/experience, video software knowledge, photo software knowledge, proficient in the English language and grammar/sentence structure, good organizational skills, creative, proficient, keen attention to detail and able to work independently. This creative student position has opportunities to increase knowledge with web and video editing along with proper branding and closed captions to meet ADA compliance. Must have the ability to work well with others as position is located in resource office and have the ability to maintain confidentiality of all access. Will need to provide 2-3 references. This position is open with a start date of around April 17, 2023, and will continue through the summer of 2023 and beyond based on job performance.
• The ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Keen attention to detail, proficient, organized and works well with others as this position is located in resource office which interacts with students, staff, faculty and the public.
• Some working knowledge of the following areas is required:
o HD DSLR/video camera and audio equipment
o HTML 5
o CSS - Bootstrap
• Some degree of working knowledge in the following areas is preferred but not required:
o Final Cut Pro/MAC, Adobe Premiere, or similar video editing software
o HTML 5
o Web Accessibility Standards
• Familiarity with the following software is preferred but not required:
o Microsoft SharePoint Designer
o C#/VB, XSL, and/or ASP.NET
o Adobe Photoshop
• Assisting the Forestry & Natural Resources Extension & Web Communications Specialist in meeting Purdue’s Web Accessibility guidelines while designing web content. This includes examining HTML & CSS code to ensure compliance.
• Assist in the video production process with our FNR extension staff. This includes editing, splicing, adding intro and outro, uploading and organizing YouTube Channels, adding description text for instructional videos, and add closed captioning.
• Assist in requests for resources from students, staff, faculty and public.
Purdue Extension – Forestry & Natural Resources Student Position pg. 2
• Design banners for website.
• Add events and contacts in database Salesforce.
We want to help you build your portfolio. FNR has hired five Polytech-CGT and CS students in the past and all gained relevant work experience with this position to list on their resumes and used FNR as a reference. All five received desired positions after they graduated.
Please note: this position can not be used for funding for a graduate student.