Forestry & Natural Resources Looking for a Web DesignerJOB TYPE: Regular JOB CATEGORIES: Clerical/Secretarial
JOB TITLE: Forestry & Natural Resources
DUTIES: Update FNR web content and add interactive web pages with utilizing web content management system SharePoint and WordPress, along with aiding and meeting Purdue’s Web Accessibility guidelines.
CONTACT: Diana Evans, email@example.com
ADDRESS: Room 107, FORS
PHONE: 765-494-3583 FAX: 765-496-2422
WEB SITES: www.ag.purdue.edu/fnr and www.purdue.edu/fnr/extension
REMARKS: This is a department student/staff position. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must have web classes/experience, work well with others, proficient in the English language and grammar/sentence structure, good organizational skills, proficient, keen attention to detail and able to work independently. Will need to provide references to confirm maintains confidentiality. This position starts summer/fall 2017 and will continue through summers and beyond based on job performance.
OPENINGS: 1 START DATE: May 15, 2017
EXPERIENCE REQ: Experience Preferred SKILL: Microsoft Office, Creative Cloud including Adobe PhotoShop
MIN HOURS: 10 MAX HOURS: 18 MIN PAY: $8.50
Is this job: Community Service? NO On Campus: YES
Position Summary: The Department of Forestry and Natural Resources is looking for a student with web development skills that will aid in posting web content, general site maintenance along with assisting in keeping sites up to date with interactive web pages while meeting Purdue’s Web Accessibility guidelines. Knowledge and/or classes of web work is required. Must have the ability to work well with others as position is located in resource office and this staff member will be expected to maintain confidentiality of all web access.
• The ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Keen attention to detail, proficient, organized and works well with others as this position aids a resource office that interacts with students, staff, faculty and the public.
• Working knowledge of the following areas is required:
o HTML 3
• Some degree of working knowledge in the following areas is preferred but not required:
o CSS 3
o HTML 5
o Web Accessibility Standards
• Familiarity with the following software is preferred but not required:
o Microsoft SharePoint Designer
o Adobe Dreamweaver
o Adobe PhotoShop
• Assisting the Forestry & Natural Resources Extension Information Coordinator & Department Web Communication Producer in meeting Purdue’s Web Accessibility guidelines. This includes examining HTML & CSS code to ensure compliance.
• Assist in offering visitors to web site interactive web pages.
• Assist in requests for resources from students, staff, faculty and public.
• Assist in instructional guides for web resources provided.
• Assist in photo gallery organization and uploads.