Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth Summer EmploymentSummer 2017 Employment Opportunities:
Computer Science Instructors and Teaching Assistants
The Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth (CTY) is seeking instructors and teaching assistants for our summer programs. CTY offers challenging academic programs for highly talented elementary, middle, and high school students from across the country and around the world. Positions are available at residential and day sites at colleges, universities, and schools on the East and West coasts, as well as internationally in Hong Kong. (For a full list of sites, visit www.cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/sites_dates.html.)
We are currently seeking individuals with expertise in a number of computer science-related subjects, including:
• Fundamentals of Computer Science
• Foundations of Programming
• Data Structures and Algorithms
• Advanced Cryptology
• Introduction to Robotics
A full list of courses can be found at http://cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/courses/math_computer_science.html.
Why teach for CTY?
• share your passion for computer science with highly motivated and talented students
• be a part of an intellectual community
• develop your teaching skills in a supportive, collegial environment
• work alongside dedicated educators from around the world
• limited class size (18 students), plus an instructor and assistant for each class, ensures a low student-teacher ratio
• salary plus room and board at our residential sites
2017 Program Core Dates*
• Session 1: June 22 - July 15, 2017
• Session 2: July 15 - August 5, 2017
*Some sites run one week later than these dates. For a full list of locations and dates, please visit www.cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/sites_dates.html.
Terms of Employment
• Starting salary for two sessions is $4,800 - $6,000 for instructors and $2,400 for TAs
• Room and board are provided at residential sites. Travel assistance is provided to Hong Kong.
• Teaching assistant candidates are generally graduate or undergraduate students with experience tutoring or as a TA.
• Instructor candidates generally have independent classroom teaching experience, graduate coursework, and at least a bachelor’s degree.
Please fill out an online application at http://cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.