Apply to NSF Funded Research Programs from Rosetta Commons - Department of Computer Science - Purdue University Skip to main content

Apply to NSF Funded Research Programs from Rosetta Commons

NSF Funded Training Programs from Rosetta Commons

Rosetta Commons REU: A Cyberlinked Program in Computational Biomolecular Structure & Design Interns in this geographically distributed REU program have the opportunity to participate in research using Rosetta Commons software. The Rosetta Commons software library includes physics-based and deep learning algorithms for biomolecular modeling and design. It has enabled notable scientific advances in computational biology, including de novo protein design, enzyme design, ligand docking, and structure prediction of biological macromolecules and macromolecular complexes. Students learn the inner details of PyRosetta and community coding environment. Students research in a molecular modeling and design laboratory, developing new algorithms and discovering new science.


RaMP: Post-Baccalaureate Training Program in Biomolecular Structure Prediction and Design: This one-year fellowship program is intended for students from groups underrepresented in STEM, first generation college students, and students at under-resourced institutions to gain research experience to succeed in PhD programs. Along with a salary, health insurance, and funding for conference travel, the RaMP offers a code school, hypothesis-driven research, graduate school preparation, specialized mentoring, and professional development. Since the RaMP is a cohort program, participants gain by learning alongside their peers. The community elements of the Rosetta Commons consortium are also advantageous to trainees.


Both programs are funded through Johns Hopkins University.

Last Updated: Nov 1, 2022 4:43 PM

Department of Computer Science, 305 N. University Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907

Phone: (765) 494-6010 • Fax: (765) 494-0739

Copyright © 2022 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact the College of Science.