Natural Language Processing MS Program at UC Santa Cruz, Apply by 3/1
Study Natural Language Processing in Silicon Valley
The UCSC Natural Language Processing (NLP) master’s degree program provides both depth and breadth in core algorithms and methods for NLP. Taught intensively over 15-18 months, our program design combines theoretical learning with hands-on practice to ensure our students have the right skill set to prepare for a professional career in this fast-growing field. We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2023 admission consideration.
Join our next information session on January 18th from 9 to 10 AM PST to learn more about studying NLP at UCSC.
- A 15-18 month program with a Capstone project mentored by NLP faculty and industry experts.
- NLP students receive an in-depth, systematic education in NLP, machine learning, and data science and analytics with faculty who have both academic and industry experience.
- Our Industry Advisory Board provides insight and career advice through mentoring, guest lectures, and attendance at networking and professional development events.
- All our courses are exclusive to NLP students and are designed with input from our Industry Advisory Board ensuring the content is current, relevant, and grounded in real-world context.
- Our program is based at state-of-the-art facilities at the UCSC Silicon Valley Campus, located in Santa Clara, California.
Applying to the NLP MS Program
This program is intended for students with a strong background in computer science. We are looking for multifaceted individuals with solid skills in programming, algorithms, machine learning, probability, statistics, and linguistics. Visit our Admissions page to review admission requirements and tips for applying, and to connect with our support team. If you’d like to find out more about the program, you can also attend one of our upcoming information sessions.
Applications for Fall 2023 admission consideration are now open. Apply by March 1, 2023.
If you have questions about the program or the application process, please contact the NLP Support Team. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.