Purdue University - Department of Computer Science - CS Course Requests (formerly Registration)

Requesting Access to CS Courses

FALL 2018

CS MINORS see minor info page

NON-CS/DS STUDENTS and NON-DEGREE STUDENTS (Undergrad and grad) see this page

CS course access policy is here



If you are a CS or DS major and cannot register for a CS course because Banner says that you do not have some REQUISITE (prerequisite, corequisite), ask your academic advisor, whom we hereby authorize to enter the requisite override if appropriate. Your advisor may refer you to the instructor if he or she does not have a sufficient basis for granting the override.

Instructor's Permission

If the INSTRUCTOR'S PERMISSION is required for a course, obtain a Form 23 from the advising office, fill in the needed information, and bring to the instructor. The instructor may give permission by entering the override code "INST-PERMIT" and signing the form if appropriate.  You should then take the fully completed form to the registrar's office in HOVDE unless instructed otherwise by your advisor.  Note that a properly signed form will NOT be honored if the course is full.

Lack of Space

If you are a current CS or DS student and you cannot register for a class due to lack of space, please complete this override/space request form. Requests will be reviewed and students notified via email whether space is available in August.

Due to increasing enrollment in CS undergraduate and graduate programs, availability of courses designed for CS and Data Science majors is limited.

CS MINORS see minor info page

NON-CS STUDENTS and NON-DEGREE STUDENTS (Undergrad and grad) see this page

CS course access policy is here


Last Updated: Jul 30, 2018 2:31 PM

Department of Computer Science, 305 N. University Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907

Phone:(765) 494-6010 • Fax: (765) 494-0739

Copyright © 2016 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact the College of Science.