Department of Computer Sciences
305 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2107.
CV (Jan 2013)
Phone: (765) 237-2397
Email: pprakash AT purdue.edu
I am a fourth year PhD student in the Department of Computer Science at Purdue University. I completed my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur in May 2008. I am a working as a research assistant with Prof. Ramana Rao Kompella since August 2008.
My research focuses on TCP performance and routing in data center networks.
- TCP Outcast: exposing TCP throughput unfairness in Data Center Networks.
- Phishnet: predictive blacklisting against phishing websites.
- dFault: fault localization in Large-Scale Peer-to-Peer Systems.
- Spotlight: fault diagnosis in Enterprise Networks.
- The TCP Outcast Problem: Exposing Throughput Unfairness in Data Center Networks
Pawan Prakash, Advait Dixit, Y Charlie Hu, Ramana Rao Kompella
Accepted in USENIX NSDI 2012 (Acceptance 17%)[pdf][presentation]
- On the Impact of Packet Spraying in Data Center Networks
Advait Dixit, Pawan Prakash, Y Charlie Hu, Ramana Rao Kompella
Accepted in IEEE INFOCOM 2013 (Acceptance 18%)[pdf]
- dFault: Fault Localization in Large-Scale Peer-to-Peer Systems
Pawan Prakash, Ramana Rao Kompella, Venugopalan Ramasubramanian and Ranveer Chandra
In proceedings of ACM/USENIX Middleware 2010 (Acceptance 16%)[pdf]
- PhishNet: Predictive Blacklisting to Detect Phishing Attacks
Pawan Prakash, Manish Kumar, Ramana Rao Kompella, and Minaxi Gupta
In proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM 2010 (mini-conference) (Acceptance 20%) [pdf]
- Shedding Light on Enterprise Network Failures using Spotlight
Dipu John, Pawan Prakash, Ramana Rao Kompella and Ranveer Chandra
In proceedings of IEEE SRDS 2010 (Acceptance 22%) [pdf]
- TOS based rate limiter