Associate Professor-Computer Science
Department of Computer Science
305 N. University Street
West Lafayette, Indiana, 47907-2107
Office Phone: +1 765-494-6182
FAX: +1 765-494-0739
A note to graduate applicants: Thank you for your interest in our graduate program.
I cannot personally make decisions on admissions, and I am not on the committee that
does so. Due to the large volume of emails I receive, I may not reply to your
inquiries (my pre-apologies). Good luck with your applications!
Welcome to Dongyan Xu's home page. I am an Associate Professor (Professor effective 08/2013) of
Computer Science at Purdue University.
I received my
Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign, under the direction of Professor
Klara Nahrstedt. I am a recipient of
four Seed for Success Awards from Purdue University,
a CAREER Award from NSF, the
Best Paper Award
from RAID'08, and a Paper of Distinction honor from SOCC'11. I am a Purdue University Faculty Scholar and a
The three components of my professional life:
- Current interests: Virtualization technology and its
application to cyber security, cloud computing, and
cyberinfrastructure (CI) computing.
- Group: Lab FRIENDS
- Affiliation: CERIAS,
- Sponsors (past and present): AFOSR, AFRL,
CERDEC, DARPA, IARPA, NSF, ONR, DOCOMO USA Labs, Microsoft Research, Northrop Grumman
Cybersecurity Research Consortium,
Southwest Research Institute, Purdue Research
In Memoriam: Saburo
- Assistant Director, CERIAS, 2011 -.
- Associate Editor, ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems, 2011 -
- Associate Editor, Cluster Computing Journal, 2007 - present.
- Panelist, NSF proposal review panels, 2005,
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
- TPC Member, ACM Conf. on Computer and Communications Security (CCS) 2013.
- TPC Member, ACM Symp. on Cloud Computing (SoCC) 2011.
- TPC Member, ACSAC 2011, 2012, 2013.
- TPC Member, ACM ASIACCS 2010, 2011.
- TPC Member, DIMVA 2011.
- TPC, USENIX HotCloud 2009, 2010 (co-Chair), 2013.
- TPC Member, IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy
(Oakland'10), Oakland, CA, 2010.
- TPC Member, ISOC NDSS 2006, 2012, 2013.
- TPC Member, ACM HPDC 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
- TPC Member, ACM/IEEE ICAC 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (co-Chair)
- Co-Chair, ACM NOSSDAV 2009, Williamsburg, VA,
- TPC Member, RAID 2009,
- TPC Member, SecureComm 2009, Athens, Greece,
- TPC Member, ACM Multimedia, Beijing, China, 2009.
- TPC Member, IEEE ICDCS 2009, Montreal, Canada,
- TPC Member, SSS 2009, Lyon, France, 2009.
- TPC Member, ACM Multimedia 2008, Vancouver, BC, 2008.
- TPC Member, IEEE/ACM Supercomputing (SC08), Austin, TX, 2008.
- TPC Member, SPIE/ACM MMCN 2008, San Jose, CA, 2008.
- TPC Member, IEEE/ACM Supercomputing (SC07), Reno, NV, 2007.
- TPC Member, ACM NOSSDAV 2007 , Urbana, IL, 2007.
- TPC Member, IEEE ICDCS 2007, Toronto, Canada, 2007.
- TPC Member, IEEE INFOCOM 2007 , Anchorage, AK, 2007.
- TPC Member, ACM CCS Workshop on Scalable Trusted Computing, Fairfax, VA, 2006.
- TPC Member, ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Large-Scale Attack Defense, Pisa, Italy, 2006.
- TPC Member, ACM Multimedia 2006, Santa Barbara, CA, 2006.
- TPC Vice Chair, IEEE IC3N 2006 ("Security" track), Arlington, VA, 2006.
- TPC Member, IEEE/ACM Supercomputing (SC06), Tampa, FL, 2006.
- TPC Member, IEEE PerCom 2006, Pisa, Italy, 2006.
- TPC Member, WWW 2006 ("Security and Privacy" track), Edinburgh, UK, 2006.
- TPC Member, SPIE/ACM MMCN 2006, San Jose, CA, 2006.
- TPC Vice Chair, ICPP 2005, Oslo, Norway, 2005.
- TPC Member, IEEE/ACM Supercomputing (SC 2005), Seattle, WA, 2005.
- TPC Member, WWW 2005 ("Embedded Web" track), Chiba, Japan, 2005.
- TPC Member, IEEE PerCom 2005, Kauai Island, HI, 2005.
- TPC Member, ACM NOSSDAV 2005, Skamania, OR/WA, 2005.
- TPC Member - short papers, ACM Multimedia 2004, New York, NY, 2004.
- TPC Member, ICPP 2004, Montreal, Canada, 2004.
- TPC Member, IEEE ICDCS 2004, Tokyo, Japan, 2004.
- TPC Member, SPIE/ACM MMCN 2004, San Jose, CA, 2004.
- TPC Member, ACM Multimedia 2003, Berkeley, CA, 2003.
- TPC Member and Publicity Co-Chair, SPIE/ACM MMCN 2003, Santa Clara, CA, January 2003.
- TPC Member, IEEE INFOCOM 2003, San Francisco, CA, 2003.
- TPC Member, IEEE ICDCS 2003, Providence, RI, 2003.
This page last modified 22 April, 2013.