Computer Science Professor
My Department Biography
- Department of Computer Science
- Purdue University
- 305 N. University Street
- West Lafayette, Indiana, 47907-2107
- Office Phone: +1 765-494-1996
- FAX: 765-494-0739
Undergraduate Curriculum Revision
Sample Plan of Study
Internet and Web Information
- Consulting with attorneys concerning intellectual property (primarily
Internet and software-related) litigation.
- Uses of the Internet, the World-Wide Web, and Web browsers.
- Object-oriented design and programming.
- Java, C, and C++ programming languages.
- Information Systems including Management Information Systems.
- How can Web technologies (HTML, XHTML, XML, Style Sheets, cgi
Perl, ASP, and JSP) best be used to support Internet, Intranet, and
- What are the real (measurable) advantages of the object-oriented
approach? Is it any faster? (Probably not.) Is the code any easier
to debug? (Maybe.) Is the code any easier to re-use? (Probably so.)
- What is the best way to teach programmers how to use the
object-oriented paradigm? For that matter, how can existing
professional software developers best be trained (or re-trained) to
take advantage of the object-oriented approach? Should we start with
functional programming, then add abstract data types, and finally
introduce classes, methods, objects, inheritance, and polymorphism?
(This page last modified August 05, 2011)