Her main research interests cover many areas in the fields of information security and database systems. Her research combines both theoretical and practical aspects, addressing as well applications on a number of domains, such as medicine and humanities. Current research includes:
She is co-editor in chief of GeoInformatica and editor of the Synthesis Lectures on Information Security, Privacy, and Trust.
She is author of several articles in International Journals and Conference Proceedings, and is co-author of the books:
· Inaugural ACM Conference on Data and Application Security and Privacy CODASPY
Some recent papers authored by our research group:
· N. Shang, M. Nabeel, F. Paci, E. Bertino. E. Bertino. A Privacy-Preserving Approach to Policy-Based Content Dissemination. ICDE 2010.
· R. Nehme, E. Rundensteiner, E. Bertino. Tagging Stream Data for Rich Real-Time Services. VLDB 2009.
· Q. Ni, E. Bertino, J. Lobo. D-algebra for Composing Access Control Policy Decisions. ASIACCS 2009.
· F. Paci, R. Ferrini, A. Musci, K. Steuer, E. Bertino. An Interoperable Approach to Multifactor Identity Verification. Computer Vol.42 (5), May 2009.